Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Polaris 22 - Iron Man



Well last weekend was the Polaris 22 convention. I really enjoyed myself (even the 3 x fire alarms that were triggered Sunday morning did not ruin the weekend.

I have been very busy at work and knew that progress was still quite slow on Gort (still lots of painting etc) and he would not be attending.

When I went to see Iron Man the movie I saw the arc reactor that he built in the cave and I thought that would be cool to make, I toyed with the idea, but then I saw this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR18A418cAo&feature=related.

I knew I might be able to finish it in time to put it on display.












Anyway I was still working long hours and I rushed to get it built.
It did not turn out exactly how I planned it but I did finish it.
Overall it turned out OK considering it was completed in 2 weeks and some late nights. Thanks to paul030176 for giving me some inspiration to finish mine.

Back to working on the Gort man....

No comments: