Sunday, January 11, 2009

A head reshape for Gort

Over the Christmas break I took a long look at Gorts head and I felt that some parts of it needed to be reshaped. I was not happy with the visor, although I was happy with the movement of the visor.

I made a new visor with different curves.
I reshaped the ears and repositioned one ear. I marked some areas for further touching up, bumps and ruts.





This has taken me a lot of my time to carefully adjust and mark changes.

The pictures here are the newer visor and head the visor was a 'dry fit' and so looks a little wonky.

I ripped out all the electronics, with the intention of reusing the circuit once I have the head looking correct.



One of the issues with the old visor was that the angle it was at because of the dome. So I have cut away some area inside the dome to allow the area under the visor to be at less of an angle.

No comments: