Monday, April 14, 2008

Busy being quiet, almost too quiet.

I have not posted for a while this is not because I had anything to post just no time to do it.
Easter came and went and I have actually gone into a little Gort overload.

So I thought I should do something else...

I have been switching Linux over the last weeks and had a lot of computer configuration problems.
I added Studio 64, Ark Linux, Fedora 08 and PCLinuxOS 2008.

Studio 64 is a nice Linux if you like to make music or video. Unfortunately it did not like my mother board video or monitor and the time to configure it was too much. I actually installed this by mistake.

Ark Linux is actually a very nice Linux (visually). I found it quite buggy, again it did not like my display. I did spend the time to configure it. But then it crashed too many times.

Fedora recognized my video but then I had to find all the software to play the simplest of podcasts or even MP3s.

PCLinuxOS 2008 I have to say visually PCLinuxOS is still the best for my old Dell computer, strangely it also had issues with my video card etc but PCLOS 2007 did not.
I checked the forums it was hot off the press the week before and it was not just me a lot of people were posting similar issues.
Gnome in PCLOS2008 is great but I kinda miss the KDE

Well everything was working fine then I decided that I should install opendns well now my network which was working fine is all screwed up...

I now have to move all my videos from Videoegg because they are shutting down their hosting

I got a eeepc as a toy then started reconfiguring my wifi well now half of my wifi enabled items work and the rest do not. So many distractions

This an example of how NOT to use your time effectively.

Focus... on GORT. I did manage to do some work on Gort I do not have any pictures as that would involve more work. I worked on the body and the feet of Gort. I am about to start the "lights behind the visor circuit \ programing

More updates at the end of the week.

No comments: